Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

My daddy is the most giving person I know. He has devoted his entire life to his family. Through all the ups and downs of all of our ever changing lives, he is always there and always supportive!
Thank you for 73 loving and giving years daddy!
Happy Birthday
Clay Electric Days - Always bringing home the snakes!
I'm glad you aren't working every birthday now- the best present of all...time!!!

Of course, we spent many of your birthdays at the baseball field
during your coaching years!
I know your mom and daddy are smiling down
on you today and showering you with blessings!

Birthdays aren't the same I know without your twin here to celebrate with
but I also know you kept him close at heart all day as you do everyday!
Your son Scott always called you on your birthday. If he was still alive today,
he would of of told you how much he loved you!
Fishing with your first grand baby, Cody

Today's fish fry - a tradition on your birthday!The view you love - truly a beautiful birthday!

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

Celena--this was so precious and I have always loved your Daddy too. My Dad was also 73 this past December and I can tell without you even saying it--how you are feeling. I will simply say that time is precious and everytime I see my Dad, I count it a real blessing and get a bit choked up when it is time to part which I know we have to do in order to live our lives. My Mom always tells me that God says not to worry about tomorrow and I try to just appreciate every day that we all have together but that old familiar selfishness creeps in sometimes and says that I can't live here without them and that God needs to leave them here forever. I really do understand that the day will come but it is so hard to fathom.

Anyway--thanks for posting all of those precious photos. I needed that. :)